View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 2:57 PM

Re: Kalitta Air Flight 926

It has been 3 weeks in a row now that the 747 has come here on Tuesday and Thursday. On Tuesday the flight or aircraft starts at JFK and not sure if its scheduled but, always seems like its a 1530 departure from there and a 2240 departure from here. On Thursdays, the aircraft has been coming from Chicago's O'Hare, last week it was a 1500CST (1700AST) departure and it arrived at 1900hrs..only 2 hour flight from Chicago, at 586knts...ya he was cruisin'. Although it was scheduled to depart at 2240 as well (according to flightaware), it didn't depart until midnight. Not sure if the cargo load is increasing since its 1st flight on August 23rd but, seems like they're putting all the cargo along the tarmac just before its arrival and a few palettes come out during loading from the freezer.

I have made a point to watch everyone of these 747's come in as its my favorite airplane to see. One never knows when the last one will take off and be another 3 or 4 years or more in between. Halifax is also getting a SKYLEASE 747 cargo on Tuesday afternoon, usually arrives around 230pm and departs for Anchorage around 7pm.

Kalitta Air isn't like CargoAirLines from a few years ago that only owns a pair of 747's. Kalitta is based out of Willow Run Michigan and has about a dozen or more 747's and leasing at least 1 or maybe more from Boeing (one was here on Tuesday). Their fleet registration are in the N700CK series, the one on Tuesday was N496BC..an ex Korean Air converted to freighter in 2013 and owned by Boeing. Maybe i'm crazy but, this is great to see here in Moncton and for the local fishing industry.

Here's a video from my channel on youtube of Thursday's arrival and departure of Kalitta Air "Connie" flight 926 to Anchorage.

Arrival:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx35U91rxtM&t=8s

Departure..(sorry vid quality isn't the greatest..taken from cell phone but the sound is amazing).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8noFO7zHqQ

Enjoy see ya out there!