View Single Post
Old Posted May 4, 2015, 11:47 PM

Nine Mile TOD

"Master developer chosen for 21-acre redevelopment along Aurora RTD line"
May 4, 2015 by Molly Armbrister, Denver Business Journal
Quote:
The Aurora Urban Renewal Authority has chosen a master developer for its 21.5-acre redevelopment site called Regatta Plaza, located near the Nine Mile Station.

A partnership between Mile High Development LLC and Koelbel & Co. will serve as the developer on the project, which will ultimately become a transit-oriented development. The site is located within the Nine Mile Station Urban Renewal Area.
Being familiar with the area Regatta Plaza which was once very nice has suffered in recent years even with King Soopers as an anchor. There's a decent amount of density in nearby neighborhoods to the north and west but it is landlocked by I-225 to the east and I-225/Cherry Creek Reservoir to the south.

Oh Boy
Quote:
...we are honored to have been selected as the preferred master developer," said George Thorn, CEO of Mile High Development. "We believe that this site represents one of the best transit-oriented development sites in the entire FasTracks system, and look forward to working with AURA, the city and the community to share our vision for a truly dynamic mixed-use project."

...said Molly Markert, Aurora City Council member. "This development will be far superior to anything I imagined, and it will foster even more redevelopment and growth activity for our area."
Shouldn't be long now before development in Aurora is On Fiyah.