View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 17, 2014, 3:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edluva View Post
let's just face it. LA is just not that great of a city. collectively we're large, but size alone doesn't guarantee greatness. we don't have big thinkiers, or influential people. at least not in proportion to our population. we have a huge population of do-nothings scrounging by on a low income, and a relatively small population of (mostly unelightened) movers and shakers to actually make things happen. Our big safety-crutch is our size, and the media.

we talk bigger than we are. It's the essence of hollywood. hence, the countless too big for reality proposals which never come to fruition.

That's just your opinion. I'll take LA's creative class over DC's political scene. I've already met many people from the DC area who relocated to LA who think the same thing.
What's so great about people doing federal government work the rest of their lives? These are the big thinkers? I know people who were in the Justice department. They had very low opinions of their educated workers, calling them lazy bums. Yes, in the Justice Department.