View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 18, 2018, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
There are many other factors that determine how well a state is managed, besides being fiscally conservative. Utah fails in every other way.

Utah is lucky that we have a thriving tech scene, otherwise, unemployment would be far higher. That has little to do with the state itself.

I don't know what USA Today is smoking, but Utah doesn't have "smart" or "sustainable growth." I'd like to see their source material for the claim that air pollution has fallen by 50% because I don't believe that. UTA built the transit infrastructure DESPITE the state, not because of it.
Will you eleborate on all the other criteria you evaluate a state on? Utah not only doesn’t do well in those other areas but fails according to you. That is quite a statement. Also, your assertion that we are “lucky” to have a tech scene implies it is that way by no efforts or policies of our own. Also quite a statement. Can you elaborate more? The claim that we have smart or sustainable growth can be justified if we talk in degrees and relative to many other areas and not as a binary yes or no answer.

Lastly, I would like their data on pollution levels, but the U. has a great website that gives historical pollution data. While the state over sells the improvements at times other groups exaggerate it and act as if the sky is falling. This data shows more of a middle ground. Bottom line, air pollution has steadily improved despite population growth and a lot more tourism. That is great news, but we still rank 2nd out is 56 states and territories in toxic release per square mile. No good news.