View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 24, 2011, 8:20 PM
Grand is Golden!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan
Well if tower 3 got chopped 100+ feet the same most likely will happen to tower 2 AKA the complex is going to look freaking dumb.
It's highly unlikely the tower (or any WTC tower) will get chopped down that much. I mean, the first New WTC design consisted of the Freedom Tower and 3 other "block-like" buildings.

And then years later, they moved on to the current design, which added numerous floors to the proposed 2,3,4 WTC.

Now they are deducting floors from the 3WTC as well as the X bracing. It seems like they are trying to cut back on a few things. And as you said, they're making it look like they are going back to "squat boxes", but it wouldn't be fair to give up on this design that the public wanted so badly. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan
The whole complex is already so much less powerful looking than the original twins that we can't afford to lose anymore height on any of the buildings, they'll just be squat boxes, how on earth is everyone satisfied with that?
Can we just be patient and wait for the towers to be finished? I bet when it is, you (and the others) won't be complaining. Trust me. I mean, look at the former 4, 5 and 6 WTC. They are practically 9 story buildings. We are lucky to have any building more than that height, even if they are "squat boxes".