View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 21, 2018, 3:11 PM

Expansion Needs

With the long-anticipated announcement of Norwegian finally coming to YHM, this must force the airport & city to invest in a larger facility. I'm aware some plans are in the making, however, seeing how Swoop, Flair, and quite possibly Air Canada are looking to expand out of Hamilton, it's gonna be very tight if they don't act soon.

Right now there are "8" boarding desks (2 doors with I believe 6 accessible aprons). This is not in any way ideal with the number of flights expected to operate out of Hamilton next year. Correct me if I am wrong, but it would make sense to expand the departure lounge to where the current outbound baggage area is and move the baggage area further down. I don't believe we need jet bridges yet (boarding the planes on foot are the best!) but wouldn't be surprised if that's announced for international flights (something to what Abbotsford's airport has).

I would talk about the check-in area since that will need lots of re-configuring, however, based on what's rumoured, I believe it may be figured out. Does anyone have some (updated) ideas of what could/suppose happen to the terminal by next March?

------
Il be at the airport frequently for my Mohawk program so Il be posting updates throughout the winter