View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 16, 2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architype View Post
They aren't all the greatest, but when you say something is ugly or that you don't like it, you could elaborate and say why, especially coming from someone with an architectural education. If possible, that's always more useful than making blanket statements. Pardon me though, if you already stated those reasons in previous posts.

Edit: I also meant to say, personally, I would withhold such statements until a building is actually finished, and I don't mean to be rude here either. For the record, half the new buildings in Vancouver are usually judged as being ugly or uninspired too.
No, I agree - I commented on this project a while ago which is why I didn't bother to reiterate. I was actually just teasing the forum by saying it was ugly (with a happy face). I do think it's 'ugly', but I was playing around... seeing as how I was following a bunch of positive comments.

And you're right, you can't fully know the success of a design until it's built. At the same time, I find some humour in being called-out on *jokingly* calling this design "ugly" when it's not built yet forumers are mercilessly tearing the APP project (note: also unbuilt) apart in another thread.

With that sad, I think this will be my last post on the St.John's sub-forum for the time being. It has become clear that I cannot have an opinion on development in this City without being incessantly antagonized or sarcastically spoken down to (regardless of the topic, discussion, thread) by Poscdoc and Jeddy et al.