View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 7, 2013, 7:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Really don't get how the city of Saskatoon has let Lake Placid and now Nasser tie up the city's prime piece of real estate this long (six years), surely someone else must have been interested and something may have already been built on that site.
I think the challenge for this developer, or any developer for that matter, is that with big projects like these they need to secure tenants for the office tower, and sell condo's for the condo tower. The larger the structure the harder the target. Frankly I am not suprised they are not ready to move ahead yet, sales can be a slow grind, Saskatoon is not Toronto where condos get built on spec. And a developer can announce a planned start date but it is all dependent on sales.

We've seen the same thing in Regina with a couple of projects, Capital point (Hotel and condo) and an office tower that was supposed to have the largest square footage in the province. Both announced start dates a long time ago and neither has started. Despite the 'boom' in the province it is still all relative. Saskatchewan is still a relatively small province and as such, demand for these things is also limited and will take time for them to come to fruition. I understand your frustration though!