View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 30, 2012, 11:50 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

It is a shame but I knew for awhile the club owners were up to no good just by hearing stories and hearsay from people. Also I boycotted Kiss & Fly because the owners didn't even like gay people but opened a gay club just to make money. When they had events like concerts I.E. this past SXSW, every single flag or object that was gay related was taken down at that club. I heard people that went to see a some shows say that if you didn't know it was supposed to be a gay club, you would have never known.

What I hope is somebody or a group of somebody's in the gay community buy out both Kiss & Fly and Hyde and reopen them. We need a club like Kiss & Fly but we need it to support and be apart of the gay community not exploit gays for their money while contributing nothing.

I also hope that these properties are are transfered over to new owners or managers soon because having that many clubs and bars close at once has definitely had an impact in Downtown, though luckily there are enough clubs Downtown to handle it, to have several empty spots dotting the entertainment districts is not a good thing.

My heart also goes out to those who have lost their jobs, it is very distressing for innocent people to be caught up in a horrible mess like this and I hope they are able to find new jobs quickly.