View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 20, 2013, 1:41 PM

I think it's a crude notion to think that only poor people are creative and more wealthy people are not. As an artist I work daily with wealthy people and they are often some of the most creative people I know, many times that's how they got wealthy in the first place and they have more time because of their wealth to be creative. I am able to be more creative myself as a more established artist, working full time as an artist and also now gallery/store owner than I was when I was having to work other jobs to make ends meet. Also, I know many people who have "ideas" and are creative, but whose ideas and creativity are lackluster, on all ends of the financial spectrum. Plenty of poor people are just as worthless at having new and creative ideas as some rich. Having money or not doesn't mean your ideas or your creativity is going to be any more or less. Having a bit of money however, may actually mean that you were "successfully" creative, and can now afford to be even more creative, afford better "tools/materials" of the trade, and afford more time to spend on being creative.