View Single Post
Old Posted May 1, 2012, 11:01 PM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
Re: Mexic-Arte: COOL ! Yes please. We need more pieces that are modern and sculptural to break up all the boxes we have. Texture is a very good thing. Contrast is good! I like that the shape has an interesting cultural root yet finds a modern way to express it. I would prefer they find more private money to help build it. But that is another debate. We need better museums in town. This would be a great add to Congress and bringing more art to Congress.
It is cool and I do like it. But if it came down to this or the new planetarium (which is also seeking funds), I'd so rather have the planetarium. Art is nice, but I'd rather further the understanding of science and technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevoLJ
I like it, and think it would be interesting with that being right alongside Frost. But are they allowed to take down the building that is there?
A number of years ago the museum had another plan that would have put a 6 or 7 story building there. I believe Cousins Properties (developer of Frost) was prepared to help fund it.