View Single Post
Old Posted May 5, 2012, 3:24 AM

Location: The absolute western-most point of the Philadelphia urbanized area. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
I agree accept I don't really think of Appalachian cities as being northeast. Pittsburgh just happens to be a city that lies within the technical definition of the northeast... and that's only because the state of Pennsylvania is weighted towards Philadelphia (i.e. if Pittsburgh were PA's flagship city then the state would probably be grouped in with either the Midwest or near South). Excepting Buffalo, which is also an outlier, Pittsburgh is (historically) most closely related to cities in the lower Midwest (e.g. Cincinnati) and near South (e.g. Charleston, WV).
I've always hated that Pennsylvania is so heavilly weighted toward out east, as if western PA is just "there" and really doesn't matter. Anyway, the initial post was to compare two equally-sized cities roughly 100-120 miles apart. Ookay, back to the discussion of Cleveland. It will be interesting to see where Cleveland is headed in the next 5 to 10 years and beyond. It has a lot of nice things to offer residents and tourists alike, epsecially in the downtown area. (the lake, R&R Hall of Fame, shopping at Terminal Tower just to name a few). As long as there is still demand for downtown living, I say keep building to fulfill the demand.

By the way. My wife and I are driving out there on Fathers Day weekend.