View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 21, 2007, 12:26 AM

Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport (YOW/CYOW)

YOW is the 6th busiest airport in canada in passenger traffic and is ranked 2nd in custumer satisfaction for airports with less than 5 million passengers per year in the world, it is the second year in a row that it has aquired this title.

It has been going under great changes lately and I was surprised that there was no thread about it so I started one. use this thread to update the construction, post pictures of the terminal and talk about your experience. I can't wait for phase 2 to be finished, it will be awesome, a world class airport. Lately it has added internationnal flights, such as Paris from May to september and several southern destinations (Yay)

I love the fact that a city Ottawa's size starts to see less and less the need to go to Montreal to fly, we are no longer a "suburb" lol.

So I beleive after the expansion there will be 29 gates wich is great, it also has sufficeient boutiques and restaurants etc. All they need (in my opinion) is to update de runways (they are still in asphalt, and it is in a bad condition, asphalt is not as safe as concrete) And I beleive the security should be emproved (larger) for it was prety tight when i went this summer, but that may have changed.

Last edited by FFX-ME; Mar 22, 2007 at 5:53 PM.