View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 5, 2005, 6:39 AM
constructor extrodinaire!

Quote:
Thanks Texas Boy. Nice to have someone on board who can discuss! I know now who to go to about San Antonio Questions. Got to love that city...wish we had a few more dependable contacts there.
No Prob Chicago3rd. Just tryin to keep the peace.

Quote:
The reason that SA is getting abused in these forums is that the new census numbers make you look like a top ten US city, when nothing could be farther from the truth. How can you really compare yourself to cities which are lower on the list, such as SF, Boston, and Seattle? You in the range of Milwaukee, (in terms of metro population, and sophistication). That's the real truth. Anyway, I do think people should lay off. These discussions are getting out of hand. If you love your city, all the power to you.
On a side note, I do believe that San Antonio IS the 8th largest city in the nation. Yes Boston and all those other cities might have larger TOTAL areas of housing around them, but then again alot of the surrounding suburbs are not within the city limits of those larger cities. They are their own cities themselves. Now if you would like to find the info in the total metro areas of those cities and their surrounding neighbors, then yes you are right, San Antonio would be pretty low on that list. And Sophistication wise, you can't even compare the cities. Each city has its own "flair". It may not be your idea of "sophistication", but try not to insult us too much. I love San Antonio, and find it a VERY appealing place to live. Its culture, history, and vibrant city life, I would say, is envyable by many other cities that equal its size.