View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 25, 2008, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopacs View Post
If they relocate, I'd be more than happy to keep Villa here in South-Central Texas. More power to SA!

I hear ya..it would be better for this project to be in San Antonio...since San Antonio is more spreadout..but connected to the core downtown and airport..than austin...austin is more focused on downtown...you hardly hear of any grand projects outside of downtown austin...but san antonio?

Do you want me to list all of the grand mixed use development projects in the San Antonio area, along 1604, 281, IH10?

Two month ago, I was under the impression that San Antonio was not booming like Austin in construction...but I was so wrong...

San Antonio has so many projects starting are proposed it is just unreal...2 billion is going into BRAC mostly in the Ft Sam Houston are, all the freeways are being upgraded, mixed use retail space is popping up like popcorn all over 1604.

I am gonna list some of new projects in future posts...I will get pictures of construction as they are being built. These are mostly mixed-use developments with hotels in the middle....There is at least 5 projects like this in San Antonio that have already started construction.

San Antonio is also hotel central...there are not enough hotels in this city...remember san antonio is the number one destination for tourist in texas. Once the Grand Hyatt is done, (already opened on the 17th of march) more Hotels like the Grand Hyatt will be built downtown and up in the Stone Oak and IH10\1604 corridor. These are the 3 hotel hotspots....and do not forget the JW Marriott Resort and Spa......

Rumors about the new W Hotel are not really rumors...its gonna happen...and now since San Antonio got the High Rise Condo bug....it will start to get some really nice high rises once the Vidorra, Alteza, Broadway and Vistana are completed. These are all about 80 percent sold...so you know developers are looking for more sites...can you say Broadway St from Hiderbrand all to the way downtown?.....Yep

But I love Austin...I use to live there for 7 years...I love what they are doing in the downtown area....What they are doing in the Residental Highrises downtown is to me better than any other city. The only reason to live in Austin would be to live downtown....at least for me. But I keep forgetting that north san antonio is only about 65 to 70 miles south of downtown Austin..

To the two greatest cities on earth...Austin and San Antonio!!!