View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 26, 2017, 2:18 AM
somewhere in-between

I did some driving and walking around the west side of town on Wednesday and took some random photos of projects that I haven't really paid too close attention to...

1. Parkway Flats

The first few units are going up for a new 241-unit luxury apartment development along the Aboretum Parkway, in the Arcadia neighborhood. This has been a controversial development that required rezoning of development land that was itself once part of a long, contentious debate. It's all approved and humming along now though - I had to dig around to actually come up with the name - they're calling this Parkway Flats, per the developer's website (Kendall Property Group).

Here's a rezoning plan, showing the site, west of Linden Grove Middle School and east of S Drake Rd:

Source: MLive (Courtesy Kalamazoo Planning Commission)

And from the developer, a site layout plan:

Image Source: Kendall Property Group

2. Walnut Woods Office Centre Addition

A 2-story addition at 5955 Walnut Woods Office Centre, near the interesction of West Main and US-131, is nearing completion. Didn't even realize that it was happening until it is amost done:

3. Latitude 42-Oshtemo Township Location

A popular Portage-based brewpub - Latitude 42 - is building a second location, in Oshtemo Township. This is just a stone's throw down the road (West Main) from the previous project:

4. The Gateway

AVB's massive development project near West Main and US-131, known as The Gateway, is moving along. I didn't get too close with construction work happening. The first building on the site is one of the three hotels (some version of a Holiday Inn I think), and the first two floors are framed up. I will try to get better photos at some point.

5. Stryker HQ

No photos today for this one, but also worth mentioning that steel is going up fast at the Stryker site in Portage. It looks like a lot of the structural frame is already in place. I spotted it as I was driving and was surprised to see how quickly it has grown. I will try to take some new photos at some point.