View Single Post
Old Posted May 2, 2018, 1:14 PM

Back to Basics

This is a good opportunity for Nashville residents to reevaluate and decide how we want to move forward. The transit vote probably takes Nashville out of the running for Amazon HQ2...and I think that is a good thing. I would rather have a bunch of AllianceBernstein moves than be reliant on one company that dominates the entire region. Diversity in a regional economy is a good thing.

We need a transit plan that addresses how to move people back and forth from the downtown core and these locations: Williamson County, Mufreesboro and Sumner County. That could be bus rapid transit or commuter rail.

We need better bus service in the city core with rapid bus lanes along major routes.

We need to continue the move to an all electric bus fleet.

We need to synchronize the traffic light system in a more comprehensive fashion.

We need more low and middle income housing.

We need to continue to build better amenities for people who live downtown. the AEG project and Whole Foods are steps in the right direction.

We need to find ways to keep people who have lived here for generations in the city. If we lose them we will lose our culture.

We need to find ways to make the city affordable to young people in the creative areas and young entrepreneurs. They provide the environment that makes everyone else want to move here.

I love the skyline and talk of new development, but ultimately the market will take care of all of that....if we concentrate on the basics.