View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 7:04 PM

Cool thread.

I would put $100 towards...

1) A new modern cutting edge Convention Centre.

2) A SE LRT line

3) An underground LRT line/stop to the airport. Funded in part with a surcharge "Airport" ticket purchase required.

4) Getting the land the ring road needs to have to get finished and having that road done.

5) Upgrading the bikepath system to be lit and at the same level of awesomeness as the current redeveloped areas.

6) Adding 100 meters of height to the Calgary Tower so it actually stands out and has a view over the tops of all the other buildings.

7) North LRT line, probably going along the west side of Deerfoot Trail.

8) I would put $500 towards building a downtown tunnel for the CPR and the subsequent redevelopment of the downtown core that allows the removal of the underpasses, the creation of at grade N/S running roads, and the building of large buildings that span the entire block from 9th to 10th ave.

9) Dependent on item #8 I would put an extra $200 in to make a multiple block "central park" type of area on the land opened up by removing the CPR, between 5th and 8th street, MEC would have to move. This would include a small pond, grass areas, nice landscaping, ect...

So that is me in for $1400

Of course it is mostly fantasy. Points 1-4 and 7 are actually pretty important though.