View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 11, 2013, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0twired View Post
I think you guys are getting WAY too worked up about the old Papa Georges location.

It is unlikely that the restauranteurs actually own the building, and while they could have requested that there be more windows along Osborne chances are the cost of the renos may have exceeded their renovation budget. Do you really think an independent locally owned restaurant is going to drop a couple hundred grand and move all of the mechanical systems just to add more windows? Highly unlikely.

As I said earlier it would be far worse if this was actually a new build, and you guys should just be happy that the building isn't staying vacant which it was looking like was going to happen at first.

I am fine with the current situation because it puts a small business owner in the location and brings more people to the area. If the owner of the property one day tears it down and rebuilds with a ground level retail and condos above, then we can be a bit more critical.

That said, we could have had a shiny new Boston Pizza or McDonalds location with lots of windows there instead.

Pick your battles. There is no need to pick every nit.
I don't think we're getting to carried away with comments on this location and the exterior. It is a "High Profile" location? Thier were 5 iirc, high profile tenants vieing for this location.(not were lucky to get a tenant at all) They went with a local winnipeg owner, which I applaud. Could some of the other proposed tenants put more into the location? It is possible. Does it fit into the Osborne Village look and feel, not in my opinion.