View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 26, 2013, 1:49 PM

I live on Breaux-Bridge and I know that they are planning improvements in the next year or so on the existing part of the street (sidewalks and curbs) before they continue with the extension. I also know that the fire department is pushing the town to make improvements for safety reasons. I know that the new entrance to the town was a top priority but I'm sure the province will need to be involved with that project. Looking at the map it looks like a new overpass will need to be constructed for this exit, which may be cost prohibitive. I think everyone knows it needs to be done, it is just a matter of money. Even with the huge increase in the town's tax base over the past couple of years I don't think they can afford it. They also need a new fire hall and a town hall (their lease is up on their current town hall location) and they need to buy a ladder truck to support the new taller buildings being built in the community, so they need to spend their money wisely to get the most out of every dollar.