View Single Post
Old Posted May 12, 2015, 1:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastal View Post
I THINK the public will have a chance to comment during information sessions and provide input directly to their councillors and planning staff. Those comments get compiled and included in planning staff's report to council. Council will make the call based on staff's professional opinion, comments of the public, and whether or not Gloria McClusky feels like punishing peninsular residents as retribution for projects she feels were unfairly foisted upon Dartmouth.
That's not fair, that's not what she said. Her vote reflected her concern that staff are being inconsistent.

Posted Jan 14, 2015, 4:29 PM
Keith P.
Registered User Join Date: Mar 2006

It doesn't excuse it, but I have noticed that as Gloria has aged, these kind of blunt, unfiltered comments come out of her more often. She was never particularly politically-correct anyway, so now it has just become worse. I have very mixed feelings on her. The opposition to the development on Prince Albert Road a few years ago, and scuttling Brightwood's plans to relocate a few years before that, was simply wrong. But she asks good questions, doesn't usually suffer fools and charlatans, and doesn't fall into the trend-of-the-day buzzword thinking that ones like MasonWatts do. This was a poorly-worded thing to say, but if I had to guess I would translate it into "I don't believe these planners are being consistent".

Last edited by JET; May 12, 2015 at 1:24 PM.