Thread: Google maps
View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 17, 2009, 4:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
Oh yeah, and for those into this sort of thing, Google has had the Streetview cars in town this month. Supposedly imagery from that will be up in just a few weeks, but we'll see. Should be rather interesting.
My parent's city in England just came online with streetview, and I was able to relive my vacation in Rome using streetview. Pretty interesting stuff, actually. I have never used it for anything other than browsing around, but I can imagine it can be useful if you want to check out a street or location prior to actually going there.

Just to keep the conversation going, what are people's thoughts on the privacy "issues" that have been raised? Obviously Google blurs as many faces as it can, and will do so on request if any are missed. I don't have a problem with as Google is gathering information from a public roadway and is documenting what people have the right to view in person and even photograph from that same public roadway.

Hopefully it caught me in my underwear while gazing out of the upstairs window while brushing my teeth.