View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 2, 2007, 1:35 AM

These are personal pictures I've taken around the core of Nashville throughout the course of the past week. There's so much happening on every corner that it's been hard to keep track. So, this week, I found a little bit of time to make my rounds around the city to capture the progress. I'll try to make my way to other neighborhoods soon.

Downtown Nashville from the Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge.

Freshly completed Suntrust Plaza adding some nice infill.

First Avenue, Riverfront Park and the Davidson County Courthouse buildings.

A look down First Avenue to the new Courthouse.

A look down Second Avenue to the old Courthouse.

LP Field, home of the Tennessee Titans, and Ghost Ballet, Nashville's newest public art addition.

Nashville's new skyline emerging: Encore condos towering over SoBro while construction of ICON and Terrazzo condo towers rise over the Gulch in the background.

More Encore.

The Pinnacle construction site. This one will really make an impact in the skyline and be absolutely striking from the Shelby Street Bridge.

Batman looms over Broadway with its' new AT&T signs almost complete.

Peekaboo: Schermerhorn Symphony Center and Encore Condos.

Nashville's Union Station which is now a hotel.

The Gulch skyline developing: ICON rising to the left and the Terrazzo crane to the right.

West End Summit site in Midtown. These towers will be gorgeous and usher in a new era for Nashville’s Midtown.

Adelicia condos in Midtown topped off and preparing for move-in.

Clubs and bars along Church Street, Nashville's budding gay and lesbian district in Midtown.

Downtown from Church Street in Midtown.

Hillboro Village: one of Nashville's trendiest and most eclectic neighborhoods in Midtown.

Tons of North Capitol District infill. I believe this is going to be one of inner-city Nashville’s premier neigborhoods very soon.

Who says so-called “New South” cities don’t have history? Here’s historic Germantown showing its' excellent balance of old and new. This is one of my favorite Nashville neighborhoods.