View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 26, 2014, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMapel View Post
My biggest potential concern with Uber would be the insurance liability for the driver/passangers if an accident were to happen. But it seems like somebody else earlier in this thread already mentioned that you are covered under Uber's insurance as a passenger, is that correct ? If so, then I guess there is even less concern for me then. I have used Uber when I visited San Francisco earlier this year and it was pretty great. Nice car, nice driver (not some crazy talkative creep), and easy enough to find an available one. No problem from my experience so I hope they come back to Vancouver.

What is this whole UberX, UberBlack whatever variation of Uber ? What's the difference ? It's not just the same Uber experience I had in San Francisco ?
UberX is their "rideshare" service and is along the same lines as Lyft. This is their lower cost option. Uber Black you would be in a towncar, audi a6, mercedes e or s class etc and is higher priced. With that said I took Uber black in Vancouver when it was here and it ended up being the exact same as a taxi ride. Their minimum IIRC was around 12 bucks and point to point in downtown vancouver never really went over the minimum. A taxi with a 2 buck tip would be about the same. Which would you pick? I use uber when I am in seattle and would use it in any other city where it exists. Uber black is a great service.

I dont understand why the taxi companies don't just avail themselves of uber's infrastructure like they did in NYC.