View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 5, 2007, 3:33 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF View Post
^^^I was trying to inject a little humor. Any mention of Paris Hilton seems to make people snicker. But, yeah, hotel companies these days don't want to own them, just manage them. I've owned shares in several (owners, not managers) and was a limited partner in the partnership that owned the St. Francis (which was franchised as a Weston) for years. But I appreciate the details on the Hilton. I did not know them.
The interesting thing is to look into the owners of the Hilton/Holiday Inn Financial District for it is they who don't want CCSF's tower across the street. They are still mostly an intact group all these years after having built the structure.

The St. Francis was never franchised as a Westin. It was owned by them starting in 1955 (then called Western Hotels, later Western International Hotels) until after Westin was purchased by Starwood. Starwood eventually sold the property, retaining the management which has continued under the Westin flag as a corporately managed property. An interesting side not is that Western sold the Sir Francis Drake hotel to assist with funding construction of the St. Francis tower which opened in 1972.