View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 8, 2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeDgE View Post
Say what? Do you have numbers to back this up? I find this a bit amusing to me honest. Billions watch the world cup, not to mention Champions league, Euro cup etc. Even the leagues in Europe and other parts of the world have huge viewer ship. Stadiums that seat 70k plus full for every game. Its not even a fair comparison. Soccer destroys baseball as far as fans and viewer ship or anything for that matter.. Maybe in your 'baseball bubble' this is true but cmon now. Just wow..
ok i will admit that my comment was written wrong. it was meant as an anecdote on the people i know personally.

But you cannot say billions of people watch the sport in the world and then claim it would work in Calgary where it doesnt fall within the bif 4 sports. different countries/cultures watch different sports

I also said i didnt want to have this debate because its useless arguing over what sport is better so i will not comment on it again. Everyone has a personal preference to what sports they enjoy. I love baseball, i have a lot of friends who really enjoy baseball. Me and some friends are planning a trip to the NE US to watch a few ball games in different cities. I've watched soccer live (EP League) and on TV. Watching soccer live is just like baseball, its slow but you go there for the experience of the crowd than the action on the field. Very enjoyable.

Could Calgary support an MLS team? i dont know what salaries and such are but they could
Could Calgary support an MLB team? NO, way too much money for a team we couldnt draw 50,000 fans a game (neither could we for soccer)
Could Calgary support a AA or AAA farm team? Absolutely!