View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 13, 2016, 9:12 PM
Urban Cowboy
Park Over 400

I think people are confusing the Park Over 400 with Piedmont Park. There intended purposes are very different. Piedmont Park serves as a park for the City of Atlanta. Not to mention, there is a large population in neighborhoods surrounding the park. The Park Over 400 is in an office park with a limited population of residents within walking distance. I live in a house behind Phipps and I cannot imagine walking down Lenox Rd (with dogs) to go to there. Therefore, do you really think residents from other parts of Buckhead will drive to it? Where will they park?

I see the Park Over 400 primary purpose is to provide connectivity to Path400 and as an outdoor space for the workers in Buckhead and residents who live in the immediate area. I also think what is proposed meets those goals and then some.

Concerning the pollution/air quality, completely capping 1/2 mile of 400 would not dramatically improve air quality. Pollution tends to stagnate over large urban areas, especially in the summer with humidity. The good news is this will substantially decrease over the next 10 - 20 years as electric cars become the standard.