View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 19, 2017, 3:30 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
Property values have got to be soaring in this area. Not only the addition of this massive project but The High Line is finally reaching completion in this area as well and that raised values alone. NY guy, any idea what they are doing with The High Line around The Javitts Center? That doesn't seem to be under construction at all.
I'm not sure what you mean, unless you're talking about the final leg that ends at 34th Street. The final third of the High Line is called the "Interim High Line" because it will have to wait until the second phase of Related's development to be complete before the final version is put in place. I have noticed however that the "High Line Spur", the portion of the line that crosses 10th Ave and will have the art plaza is under construction.

As far as the northern end, look for the state to bring in a developer, as was planned before. It wouldn't surprise me if Related went on to develop that site as well.

An older version of the site plan...

http://www.hudsonyardsnewyork.com/di...-western-yard/

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.