View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 1, 2011, 10:28 PM
E pluribus unum

Thank you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowrock View Post
You captured Tucson pretty well there, Buckeye! Of course, Tucson is pretty bleak just outside of Downtown, except for the U of A area, which is pretty damned nice... Seems like Tucson is much prettier in the suburban areas than the older, more urban parts. But overall, I don't think I would ever want to live there. Kind of a grungy, run-down place overall.
Fourth Avenue acts as the connector between the UofA and Downtown. I think they're in the process of building a streetcar line to connect the two. From what I've heard, its a pretty active area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expat View Post
Nice pics. What is the enclosed area in 2nd to last pic?
Some sort of museum, but damn if I could find any info about it online (Googled "Museum Downtown Tucson")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo the Dog View Post
I'm not a fan of the city of Tucson for a few reasons; I'm an ex-Phoenician and ASU grad so naturally the U of A's home annoys me! (Half joking.) The physical geography of the Tucson region is stunning though.
I kinda regret not stopping in the Barrio Historico south of Downtown, but it started raining again and we were trying to get down toward Davis-Monthan AFB so my brother could meet up with a friend of his. On the plus side, we had lunch at eegees.

I was almost went to UofA for undergrad, and in retrospect, I probably should've gone there.