View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 18, 2014, 7:35 PM

That video makes me want to work there, instead of in the s-hole of a building that Penn rents from Drexel LOL.

I was out at Epic Corp this week and will be again next week. They are quickly becoming the dominant vendor in healthcare. No offshoring, no Wall Street, month-long trip for you + 1 anywhere in the world on your 5 year anniversary paid for by the company, and numerous standards for the buildings their employees are in. No more than 500 people per building, preferably <350 to have a campus-like feel, fireplaces all over the place and all of them lit when its below freezing outside, tunnels between the buildings, all sorts of themes and art, offices for all not cubes, etc. It's an inviting company to both customers and employees and it's founder is still a billionaire.

Epic is certainly seeking to draw people in. But I have to say, while all that close-nit feel can be good, if Comcast actually does do all glass walls and so on like in the video especially in that physical location - that building is going to have a really high employee energy level. Perhaps inviting both collaboration and competition if such is possible.

Cheers,
G.