View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 26, 2016, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
Guess since I moved from Arkansas a few years ago nobody else has been updating this thread. One of the coolest new urbanist developments and most well done Ive ever seen was getting built while I lived there, still doesnt seem to be fully complete yet, but its the Village at Hendrix in Conway and was looking at Google Earth to see the progress. The houses are some of the most well done historically and accurate to their corresponding architectural styles that Ive seen.

sdsd by photolitherland, on Flickr

sd by photolitherland, on Flickr

ddss by photolitherland, on Flickr

dds by photolitherland, on Flickr

ddf by photolitherland, on Flickr

dd by photolitherland, on Flickr

And then in Russellville, where I went to college they restored an entire block of historic buildings in the small main street area. When I graduated in 2011, all of these buildings were threatened with demolition. Arkansas has one of the best main street programs in the country and it seems its paid off for Russellvilles historic downtown.

sas by photolitherland, on Flickr

And then there seems to be a couple small new developments in Little Rocks Riverfront area.

fff by photolitherland, on Flickr

ddsd by photolitherland, on Flickr

And a tiny "development" in downtown Arkansas. Theyve been slowly rebuilding a couple of blocks of the original town from the 1830's. The two story brick building was recently completed and was what the original building at that location looked like in the 1830's. The house is original however.

dsds by photolitherland, on Flickr
I'll make your day, I live in Fayetteville and will try to share stuf when I can. Lot's of Student Focuses midrises in Fayetteville going up..Instead of trying to catch up, I'll.l share two links that has some Arkansas info on them

https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/f...west-arkansas/

http://woopig.net/board/index.php/topic,74886.0.html

I'll.try to update this page going forward.