View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
The neighborhoods between Center City and Temple Main are improving on their own. Let them continue to build up organically. Focusing on developing an innovation corridor here would be a huge boon.
I can definitely agree with that. The market can, and is, taking care of the area between CC and TU Main. Building up incubator space in the area around North Philadelphia Station (let's arbitrarily say between 13th, 16th, Allegheny, and Lehigh) could kickstart the revitalization between Main and Health Sciences, which I would say as being between Susquehanna-Dauphin and Erie on the BSL; the market is taking care of everything close to North Broad up to Susquehanna-Dauphin.

Regarding the Swampoodle Connection, I don't think it will considering that SEPTA made a capital investment in the CHW bridge over the ex-Reading main a few years ago. Constructing a new interlocking involves more than just tracks; in fact, the heavy work comes in the form of re-configuring signal systems. Also, although it may free up space on the NEC, adding another train that has to cross the entire SEPTA Main Line at 16th Street Interlocking (the Manayunk/Norristown Line already does) may complicate other systemwide train movements due to the line becoming double-tracked north of Wayne Junction.

Besides, people employed here, as well as new residents, may find this connectivity very useful.

Temple University '18 ']['