View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 11, 2017, 8:17 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Sure, people have their preferences, but when it impacts the growth of the city and especially the much needed housing or lets say a transit project being protested, I see that as an assault on the well being of the city.

I don't like paying taxes, and seeing the paycheck reduced, but if its going to the well-being of the neighborhood, and the areas in which we reside, than its compromise. I understand that its at least being utilized somewhat to sustain our realm.

There is no valid reason other than self-entitlement to be against height or shadows. No reason to not utilize underdeveloped land, and provide the much needed housing to stabilize prices.

Sometimes we have to make compromises, and at times, they do have valid concerns, but it can't always be a one sided conversation where its just no on every level and that nothing will be built. They have land, it was bought, a developer wants to build on it, and has every right within the zoning and codes that govern that parcel and its limitations, and thus, I don't see the point of reducing such a project.

We need to grow, and can't just stop. Its not good for the world. A puritan mindset is not what the U.S. needs in any of its cities.

If NY from the start had a NIMBY mindset, the place would not be the beacon that it is. Its only until some people lost focus, lost respect for economics and capitalism, that this objection has started. The jobs, the housing, all brought to you by big-thinkers, and we need more of that. You can see it in certain cities, and even in day-to-day workplaces. People who think big, and who strive for the best, get places.