View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 21, 2016, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyyy View Post
Tesla will build stand alone stations in the province - I'm just suggesting strategic areas along the TransCanada that ensure drivers can easily make it from charger to charger. I wasn't suggesting it would be part of an existing gas station - that is not Tesla's model. I think it will be many years before companies like Irving get into the charging business.
Ah ok. I haven't looked much into Tesla's model in general, and just thinking more along the lines of practicalities.

In that respect, I still think that they will aim to have a Charging station near each of NB's TriCities. As is, from the sounds of it, Freddy (or Oromocto) is at the edge of a Tesla's range from Halifax, so it would make sense to have one at Moncton (for a top up) and Freddy, especially given the long empty stretch between Freddy and Moncton. I know when I drive along that stretch, I don't feel comfortable unless my vehicle's range is estimating 150+km left. (Almost twice the 80km it actually is; once we went to Moncton and forgot to top up along the way and limped into Silver Fox with the fuel light on and 0km remaining on the estimate). With a pure electric car, I don't think I would be comfortable going anywhere long distance without making sure there was a decent buffer to get to each power-stop.

And Saint John is far enough out of the way of either city to warrant its own charger too eventually.