View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 20, 2018, 7:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy de la Sucre View Post
“Detroit was way way safer than I imagined.” I do not believe you, or your case does not represent the objective truth.

The only time I got related to Detroit was appreciating Detroit skyline from aross the river, the City of Windsor. After the accident that got scammed nearly got jointly attacked in downtown Kansas City, MO, I never explore any downtown that is proved dangerous by media. Sometimes media do tell truth.

I only have to say nice pictures really beautiful but lucky to be safe and sound.
Detroit is dangerous in some areas, and very safe in other areas. The core area around downtown, Midtown, New Center, Eastern Market, etc are much safer than, lets say, anywhere along Dexter Avenue. As long as you watch your back and know how to effectively turn down panhandlers, you'll be perfectly fine, as in any large city. I live in the city and am regularly downtown with my DSLR looking like a tourist, and I do get asked for money occasionally but thats about it. I personally have not had any crime related issues in years. And if I may ask, how do you know downtown is dangerous if you have never set foot in our city?

jens, I love your photos. Looks like you had perfect skies too. What do you shoot with? Did you go to the Henry Ford Museum and/or Greenfield Village in Dearborn?