View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 24, 2017, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
I'm sure scheduling has some factor in major tours bypassing Memphis, but Bridgestone in Nashville doesn't have this issue; I believe it was the second busiest arena in the nation last year (at least to the extent that the average Memphis would cry that FEF and the Grizzlies are screwing them over). It's probably more of artists (or their management) just all together excluding the Memphis market from touring.

EPE should just not accept the TIF funding. Problem solved, build your venue and finance it privately. This actually sounds like an excuse to request additional TIF funding.
I figure MSG is the busiest.

Bridgestone gets the shows due to the industry folk there.

When anything gets the TIF gifts why would EPE forsake it. It seems nothing gets built without it much anymore.

Yes, they each have a major primary tenent. The NBA and the NHL each play a 82 game regular season with some preseason games. So that's around 45 to 46 dates right there. Then add in the U of M games that can be +/- 20 games a year.

Like EPE said, the Landers Center and Southhaven's outdoor amp are the ones that would feel the brunt of this not the Forum. And... All of that is because of forsaking the MSC and Mud Island. Why the Grizzlies couldn't handle the bookings of those as part of the original deal is beyond me. I completely understood the Pyramid angle. They could have scheduled any half house shows at the FEDEX Forum when dates permitted.