View Single Post
Old Posted May 19, 2017, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccerfeller View Post
Come to think of it, and as you alluded to earlier, there certainly are going to be a bunch of new residents in larger bursts...not just from 300 main but also the apartment (condo?) tower at TNS, plus the recent additions in 300 main, Glasshouse, and eventually d condo...the smaller/non-high rise developments aside, this is quite the influx of people over a few years. If skycity goes forward, that too. Anecdotal (and thus not strong or even weak evidence in any way) but I know a few people who got units in Glasshouse who would love to stay downtown should things like grocers come downtown, but would otherwise leave.

I find the day care is interesting. Are there any downtown currently? Any near the P&M area? This could really sway young couples, and office workers as well who may be able to drop their young kids off while they work in the area.
Daycare was one of those things that Armin Martens stressed the most at any opportunity. He and Artis seem to be very big on simply giving tenants everything they could want to live or work on that P+M block.

Winnipeg always used to do the opposite... since it's a testy market developers/tenants/etc would try to give as little as possible to not lose money... Artis is trying really hard to provide amenities that provide cash flow (and some that don't) AND draw people to their properties. Considering the demand for subsidized daycare, I'm surprised more aren't popping up. Having one at the foot of your residential tower (and close to 360) is a home run idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
OKay jeez. Here you go! haha

Seems to me they're moving rather quickly with this half of the work compared to the first half.
Last years they only started mid April... in addition to having momentum they've been at it probably 1 month earlier this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertocarlos View Post
Those sharp corners are still the wrong colour. Maybe if your a Cowboy fan they're OK.
Nobody is a cowboys fan