View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 20, 2008, 11:26 PM

Great map.
My only suggestion would be to include a rapid bus from 22nd street station to Bridgehouse station(or Richmond center). It could be a upgrade of the current express buses that go over Queensborough bridge and then down 91. I also question the ridership that some of the south of the Fraser commuter trains would get when they would probably find it hard to compete with some of the rapid bus networks. I mean im sure there would be some demand for a comfortable one seat ride to Vancouver and several other key destinations but I just dont see anything more than one or two trains in the morning rush and afternoon rush. For example a rapid bus from White Rock to the Canada line would probably cut the time to get to downtown in half compared to the train service.(remember that a majority of the tracks prevent trains from going much faster then 50-60km phr and the route is not very direct. A rapid bus on the other hand can do a 100km phr using a direct route down the highway.

On the other hand I very much like a express service from Scott Road(assuming a new train tunnel is built) to downtown with a few key stops. This would be a amazing addition to our transportation network and travel times would be cut significantly for allot of people. I can see that stretch being expanded, electrified and all grade separated(some of the tracks could be moved for example to the south side of Burnaby lake etc.).