View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 25, 2016, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reparcsyks View Post
And let's not forget the Opera House. That will be a nice infill midway between Temple and Fairmount Ave.
I'm so glad the Opera House is being redeveloped! Ever since hearing about its ongoing redevelopment plans, I've really started to notice it when walking down Broad. For me, it will probably come 2nd only to the Divine Lorraine for my favorite renovations/restorations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry King View Post
^ anything west of 12th st is not pha, privately owned suburban style houses- built with government funds but anyone can buy them now, betting they redevelop into denser housing eventually. I'm building 9 houses in the neighborhood next year.

Really hope this project gets off the ground, wonder what supermarket chain he's talking to
Thank you for correcting that bit of misinformation! Hopefully, those suburban-style properties do get eyed for redevelopment. When I bike from CC to Temple via 13th Street, I don't feel like I'm in Philly when I pass through Ludlow. Additionally, I hope your investment in the neighborhood yields a nice return!

I'm also puzzled as to which supermarket chain they're in contact with. I would say that a ShopRite would fit the neighborhood well, but there's a Fresh Grocer at Progess Plaza and a ShopRite along Glenwood Avenue. I would also say that a Whole Foods/Trader Joe's type of market would serve NoLibs, Fishtown, and Francisville well, but there is now a new Whole Foods on 22nd and Spring Garden. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes an Acme; however, I would LOVE to see Wegman's venture into the city and take a space like this (or the Lincoln Square development on Broad and Washington)!

Temple University '18 ']['