View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 13, 2006, 11:06 PM

The east end of downtown (College Park as I like to call it because I refuse to use the term "U District") is going to be a very, very, very cool place. I think that eventually extends down Sprague into some of the more seedy areas of Spokane (in and around the old Playfair site).

There is a lot of old good, but underused and run down, building stock in that area. A catalyst is going to be doing something with the old Playfair site and the nearby Spokane Transfer building.

Albi needs to be replaced and there was talk of the local school districts building a football stadium on the Playfair site. I think that's a great idea but it's also not a big enough idea...I say build a replacement for Albi on that site. Something to the tune of a 45-55k stadium that can have multiple uses.

On a more personal note. Chris Batten, Len and the rest of the folks at RenCorp are all first class people who love Spokane and are doing some really fantastic work in the city. They're also smart business people. I neglected to include them in my previous list of people making things happen in the city and that was an unforgivable oversight on my part.