View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 7, 2007, 9:00 PM
Hindrance to Development

Nationwide does a chocolate peanut butter shake too...they also use chunky peanut butter, which means that one's straw must occasionally be cleared of peanut chunks. It's an experience.

The other fine burger in town is at Jim-Denny's on 12th and Terminal.

Deserving of special mention is McCormick & Schmick's "happy hour" menu: $1.99 for things like artichoke parmesan dip, buffalo wings, or, more to the point, a cheeseburger and fries. It's a darn fine burger, too. There is a two-drink minimum, and it's only available during "happy hour," but they have several: one from 4-6 PM weekdays, and another after like 9 PM Monday-Thursday. I have found that it's an excellent way to decompress after spending a hungry evening at a board/commission/city council meeting, as they are open until midnight on weekdays. Normally I would find a place like McCormick & Schmick's a bit out of my price range, but I do like the decor in there (lots of wood, classic style, lots of great old photos of Sacramento everywhere) and they serve what I can quite confidently call the best $1.99 burger in town.