View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 24, 2006, 1:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy
Greenville has really grown on me in the past year or so. I find it to be an exceptionally clean city with a very active Downtown and LOTS of growth and potential. However, i dont see how these suburban projects (like ICAR) are being built to help stop sprawl. If anything these projects are nothing but sprawl, (ICAR looks like any other suburban office complex Ive seen). I dont understand your statement g-man.
Other than that the pics and the new condos DT are looking awesome!
Ok, let me explain. Verdae, ICAR, Millennium Campus, South Financial Group Headquarters, The Point, and the Shops at Greenridge are all being built next to each other on I-85 in the city of Greenville, not the suburbs. Verdae is the total opposite of sprawl seeing how it will have TND (traditional neighborhood development) houses with alley's and be mixed use. All of the other developments I have listed including Verdae, except for the Point and the Shops at Greenridge are built so where they will be able to support Light-rail, high-speed rail, bus transit, hiking trails, walking trails, bike trails, etc. ICAR, South Financial Group headquarters, Millennium Campus, and Verdae are all connected together by one road and they are campus like settings, except for Verdae built to curb sprawl and implement mass transit. What makes ICAR and Verdae so great is that there is an abandoned rail line running right through the center of their property that is going to become a LRT system in the next 10-20 years. They are already starting to put up new railway bridges and crossings for the LRT here.

Last edited by g-man435; Aug 24, 2006 at 2:15 AM.