View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 21, 2014, 11:32 PM

All I know about the Civic center is that there has been 3 proposals that have been submitted, one hasn't been chosen yet and the plans haven't been made public yet. The old courthouse site is being rezoned for residential/mixed use and a developer is already eyeing 2 residential high-rises for the site. The city wants to badly tear down the city hall, its out dated and was designed poorly but iconic from its era of time. And there is also a plan to reconnect chestnut street with ocean blvd and the pike which should have been done a long time ago.

All that info was what I read in the press telegram a couple of months ago. I think back in march. There was a whole article about the rezoning of downtown for it to be expanded towards Anaheim street. The big development on Long Beach blvd and Anaheim street was suppose to be the poster child of the rezoning, even though its mostly senior housing, there are 4 more projects in the area that were allowed to be squeezed through to promote high dense redevelopment in the area.

But there is already a thread for long beach as 202 pointed out so this one will be taken down I think. The Long Beach thread doesn't receive that much attention unfortunately.... since not that much is going on in Long Beach currently. When I get new info about Long Beach, I tend to post it on the LA metro thread since more people are on that one.