View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 21, 2018, 2:05 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicPonyTime View Post
Does anyone else see this as unrealistically high? If the Fury are averaging 5.5K and Edmonton averaged under 4K, I don't see how they can expect a league average that is higher than those. Ottawa and Edmonton will (realistically) be amongst the, if not the, largest cities in the new league for its first year.
Fair points. Ottawa suffers from a dreadful atmosphere in a stadium too large for the team and Edmonton switched their attendance counting (IIRC) to actual bodies in the stadium. As I said, Ottawa can reach up to 7K/9K if they're playing against Canadian opponents even in an unsuitable stadium. Presumably a few of these new teams are going to have stadiums conductive to more intimate atmospheres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicPonyTime View Post
Tons of CHL teams in big cities don't even get that many people out; banking on fans being drawn to other watch other Canadian teams doesn't seem wise.
Those CHL teams wouldn't be the best hockey in that market and would be in a saturated market as is.

Even so, i'm not entirely sure what you're talking about. CHL average attendance this season:

London 8,961
Quebec 8,477
Edmonton 7,280
Calgary 7,159
Halifax 6,750
Regina 6,034

Seems like they fall in that region of 6K-10K even with NHL and AHL teams floating around.