View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 27, 2017, 8:25 PM
Oak City

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
^ Yes. I don't know how anyone could even think about moving to Venezuela for the foreseeable future.

But how can anyone enjoy humidity?

There is absolutely nothing worse than having your clothes stick to you. I was in Tulum for a few days recently (that was the trade in exchange for my foodie pilgrimage to Oaxaca), and I took 3-4 showers each day. So uncomfortable.
I guess I'm just used to it. You just make sure you have dry clothes. If you are going out to get in your car and the car isn't cooled off you just leave your shirt off until you get there. Plus it's super easy - throw on a pair of shorts, a shirt, and sandals and you're out of the house in 15 seconds vs a cold climate where I imagine it takes and hour to get bundled up.

Honestly I ask the same questions about people that live in places like Boston or Chicago - how do they deal with that cold? because below 50 and I just can't stand to be outside.

Plus you have to put on SOOOO much clothes and it take forever. I don't even own an actual coat. When I get cold I have a hard time warming up, but when I'm hot, a few seconds of AC and I'm already better.