View Single Post
Old Posted May 18, 2017, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
What I don't understand is, even if Moreno downzones that doesn't mean the owner can't sign residential leases.

It would simply be an existing nonconforming use, and I'm sure with the age of the property it would be easy to prove to the Zoning Administrator that the apartments were there all along.
Listen carefully, he is threatening to send in inspectors and drag him into building court not just rezone it. He is a corrupt thug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
Damn, I'm curious what the owner did to piss him off?
Well the Double Door donated $7500 to Moreno, the building owner donated none. The owner failed to bribe the alderman properly and this is what happens when you don't pay tribute to the alderman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 710cl View Post

An alderman exists for a number of (often-misguided) reasons, but it irks me to think that trying to influence an owner by pointing a finger in his face and saying 'you'll come crawling back' is his approach. It's just kind of unprofessional, IMO.

I saw on the news that Moreno said he was 'glad' that the video was out there, and that 'yeah, sometimes conversations get heated'. I'm not sure if he truly believes that or if that's just doubling down/damage control.
It's not unprofessional, it's blatantly corrupt and undemocratic. Luckily the guy behind that Project Six website is Faisil Kahn, the former inspector general for city council. He is a solid guy and once he trains his attention on someone, I have a feeling the big dogs (Feds, state government) will have to take a look at it.