View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 5, 2018, 9:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybooster View Post
I love where your mind is going with this, and I live very close to the development. Of all the plans I've seen, I don't see anything above 15 stories and most 5-10. They want to make it 35% affordable, about 2,500 of the 8,000 units eventually planned... and it makes sense to encourage mixed income neighborhoods instead of segregating housing by neighborhoods. I just don't think they are going to wind up going this way, unless you have more than just an inkling or hunch.

Wanted to add that it's great to see you on, missed our Jersey City briefings by our very own CIA As reported in another Jersey City development related site, am hearing that Mack Cali still intends to start 25 Columbus by the end of the year. Hoping you have some more tidbit and info about this and other projects.
Ah, thanks citybooster - I still follow development news. It's just been a lot slower this year than it the past from my anecdotal experience. Whatever concerns and whispers about oversupply may have been subdued this year by the slower pace of new construction. Everything coming online is being leased out in near-record times.

I have no inside info regarding Bayfront other than the math. $170 million in bonds to be repaid with interest, with 2,500 affordable housing units, a possible Hudson-Bergen Light Rail extension, and other site conditions that need improvement. It's possible the end product will exceed the 8,000, or about 80 units an acre plus the commercial and retail space. We shall see.

Visual representation of density image courtesy of qph.fs.quoracdn.net!