View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 11, 2008, 10:26 AM
Here we stAy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
This is one that could go under any of several categories, but I'll put it here, since it would be an adaptive reuse project in any of the mentioned buildings:

Personally I'd rather see the Kress or Montgomery Wards buildings reactivated than the B of A building on 8th and I, not only because it's more important to have buildings in use on K Street but it would be good to see one of those two buildings back in use (or adaptive reuse.) The building on 8th and I is kind of unlovely (to be generous) and I know a lot of folks would still like to see a tall thing on that site.

Potentially it's a good PR move for RT--it would mean that the most convenient way for most RT employees to get to work would be...take RT to the new, parking-lot-less office. While I'm sure every RT employee strives to make RT a great transit system, the message might sink in that much more when it becomes their own means of getting to work!

No matter what, hopefully they will have some sort of public outreach office on the ground floor--a place to buy monthly bus passes etcetera, similar to the one that used to be in the Kress building until a couple of years ago when RT relocated their public affairs office to the 13th Street station...
Yeah, can't say that I would like to keep the "newest BofA" building, and I agree that I would love to see RT on K street. Didn't somebody buy that building at 8th and I from DR Horton?