View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 13, 2010, 1:00 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoscStudent View Post
I brought up St. John's because it has by far the lowest vacancy rate of any city in Canada. Are there some SSP rules stating that I cannot mention this that I should no of? I never really understand why people dis Tornoto but you're making it pretty clear why.
Regina is lower. The most info I could find was that in Q1 of 2010 St. John's was at 4.6%, meanwhile as of a news article from Oct. 6, 2010, Regina is sitting at 2.9%. And a 90m office tower that is going up pretty much has all space spoken for already and they are still doing site preparations/excavation.

For a lot of cities a supertall would be a very interesting thing, although chances of it happening are pretty much non-existant. St. John's would look out into the ocean... Saskatoon would have great views of the Saskatchewan River Valley, Regina would have flat prairie as far as you can see, except to the north - if you are up high enough - you might be able to see a bit of the Qu'Appelle Valley system.

However, like someone other people mentioned... I think the only contenders here are Toronto, Montreal (although I guess a MTL poster just mentioned the restrictions), Calgary, and Vancouver. But who knows... Edmonton or Missie could surprise people. I still think it will be a long time before Canada gets into this range though... If we didn't do it during our expansion we underwent prior to the recession, I don't know how long it will take until the timing is right and investors line up.