View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 21, 2013, 6:19 PM

My grandpas and grandmas came from all over the French-speaking country, including Switzerland to give birth to my mum and dad in Paris. I was born and have always lived here myself. That's enough. The genuine Republic is way larger than that. It will take the entire universe.

I love Bordeaux because to my knowledge, it appears the very first modern city of the whole Western world. Watch this as an observable example.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Place_de_la_Bourse_%28Bordeaux%29

This thing was built from 1730 to 1775.

This is why our English cousins call us "pompous" when they're short of arguments. They've never been sophisticated enough to build anything like this back then. It's sort of ridiculous indeed, bringing anything from the same era down to retarded barbarity, yet just a majestic entrance from the river bank to the sweet local stone downtown. That's Bordeaux, the Roman/Italian Renaissance projected to a larger and more dense scale. The model that inspired Haussmannian Paris, just a couple of stories taller some 100 years later.

Before that pathetic, self-centered Parisian microcosm that calls themselves an "elite", our philosophers and our novelists dreamt about heaven. And back then, Bordeaux was meant to be worldclass.
I want justice for all the French-speaking cities. Including those of Belgium and Switzerland.